Many times you are not sure whether you are experiencing hearing loss. Are you worried about your hearing loss getting worse? Here are some tips for helping you boost your hearing health. It doesn’t matter whether you are diagnosed with hearing loss or not you can do these things for minimizing the risk of your hearing health worse. These things will also aid in improving your overall health.
1. Solve puzzles to improve your hearing health: Your brain plays a significant role in the processing of the sound information that reaches the ears and it is not possible to ignore it. Medical research has indicated that there is a link between mental conditions such as anxiety, depression, and hearing health. This is probably because of brain atrophy when the brain cells and their connections are damaged. Solving puzzles such as word search, Sudoku, and crossword puzzles throughout the day or the week are good exercises to get the brain juices flowing. You can also play card games such as poker or bingo with your friends in your social setting.
2. Yoga for improving the hearing health: Yoga is widely practiced for improving overall health. Yoga exercises may also help with your hearing health. The raised circulation will improve nerve functions and reduce toxins and waste. Yoga provides help with circulation, flexibility, and relaxation.
3. Using the hearing aids: When you are diagnosed with hearing loss and are prescribed hearing aids for the treatment, it is a good idea to wear the hearing aids as recommended. The amplification provided by the hearing aids supplies the much-needed brain boost for the ears and helps in sending sound waves to the brain. Hearing is not the only portion of the body parts that benefit from using hearing aids; you will find your overall health and mental health may improve as well.
4. Daily exercise: Maintaining your body in good health is significant towards keeping your brain and ears healthy. You can exercise each day by going for a walk, performing yoga, doing the housework, or gardening. It is always a good idea to keep your blood pumping and blood circulation going.
5. Practice concentration and finding out the sounds: Here are a few hearing exercises to aid you in honing your hearing senses. You can try to locate where the sound is coming from and the person who is making the sound. You can place a speaker or a radio in one of the corners of a room and play music by keeping a comfortable volume. Keep another source of sound in the same room and raise its volume. Create a noisy environment. Get someone to move around the room reading a newspaper. Try to read the sentences back to them by keeping your eyes closed. Try and locate where the sound is coming from
These activities are helpful in promoting hearing health but, the people us suspect a hearing loss need to get a hearing test done first. The untreated hearing loss can lead to issues with health, cognition, and mental wellbeing. You can get your hearing screened at Countryside Hearing Aid Services, a leading hearing aids service company providing services in Clearwater, FL since 1979.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com